Steve is dedicated to helping his personal injury clients through any phase of their personal injury case. He is willing to take cases to trial where necessary and has developed the skills necessary for doing so.
He has successfully litigated cases involving the following: disputed liability, brain injuries, motorcyclists, bicyclists, whiplash, broken bones, scarring, dog bites, and premises liability.
Steve got his first taste of representing injured clients when he assisted a family member who was injured in an automobile accident. He was surprised at how hard the insurance company fought to avoid settling a simple case that should have been easily resolved. He was able to use his legal training to make a difference in the family member’s case and he was able to assist her in getting fully compensated for her injuries and medical bills.
Before that experience, Steve had resisted taking personal injury cases as he thought they were mostly people looking to make money off insurance companies. He soon discovered, however, that most clients are normal people who are just looking for something fair that will make them whole again after suffering an injury caused by someone else. He also realized that injured people benefit from the assistance of an attorney who really cares about them and is willing to fight for them and protect their interests.
With a desire to focus more on trial work and to assist a greater number of people, Steve then accepted an invitation to join the largest personal injury firm in Utah as one of its litigation attorneys. He was able to assist hundreds of clients fight back against the insurance companies who had tried to wrongfully deny proper payment of his client’s claims. He grew to love practicing personal injury and loves it even more now that he can do it while running his own business.
Steve and his wife of 14 years, Katie, have four children – three girls and one boy. They love to spend time together hiking and camping, playing card games and board games, and reading. He appreciates challenges and loves new adventures.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School – JD, 2006-2009
- University of Utah – B.A. Business Management, 2000-2006
- Owner at Law Office of Steve Johnson, PLLC – 2017-Current
- Owner at Tillotson Johnson, PLLC – 2016-2017
- Litigation Attorney for Siegfried & Jensen – 2011-2016
- Owner at Law Office of Steve Johnson, PLLC – 2009-2011
- Law Clerk for McKay Burton & Thurman – 2008
- Law Clerk for Judge Stephen Roth, 2007
- Utah State Bar – 2009-Current
- United State District Court of the District of Utah – 2009-Current
- Utah Association for Justice – 2011-Current; Steve also serves on the UAJ’s Education Committee